XRL

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
XRL

Season 2018

3 posters

Waivers

Poll

Should teams be able to scoop multiple players per week?

[ 7 ]
    Waivers Vote_lcap58%Waivers Vote_rcap [58%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Waivers Vote_lcap42%Waivers Vote_rcap [42%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Poll closed
    Wolvershank
    Wolvershank
    Admin

Waivers Empty Waivers

Post by Wolvershank Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:45 am

Please note that this would only apply for scooping and not waivers. If a team waivers a player they would not be excluded from scooping, and there would be no limit on how many players they could scoop. Teams who bring in the most players will move to the bottom of waivers for the next week. If teams bring in the same amount of players, the team who made the most recent scoop will be lower on the waiver list. If squad size is voted to be 20, multiple scoops will not be available until after Round 3 has been played.

The main argument in favour of this is that teams aren't unfairly handicapped if they suffer multiple injuries/suspension/restings in one week (which may be even more important if squad sizes are cut). By having it only apply to scooping, teams should still all have a fair opportunity to get the best players available in any given week.

The main counter argument is that limited scooping promotes long term strategy.

Last edited by Wolvershank on Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    freddyfittler
    freddyfittler

Waivers Empty Re: Waivers

Post by freddyfittler Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:48 am

I vote yes, however my preference would be that only 1 player per waiver period is allowed (1 Tuesday, 1 Wednesday, unlimited scoops) and I would prefer that multiple waivers/scoops be capped to 3 x per season.
    XIII
    XIII

Post by XIII Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:02 pm

I also vote yes only if 18 man squad sizes are voted in. Also agree with capping.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content